You must have wondered one day after losing a tooth: What is the cost of dental implants abroad? How much do dental implants cost? Everyone dreams of an attractive smile free of defects, especially annoying defects such as missing teeth.
The problem of losing permanent teeth is one of the most serious health and aesthetic problems that may affect a person, because its impact is not limited to the aesthetic aspect only, but also extends to affecting the health of the mouth and its vital functions.
To get rid of the problem of tooth loss, many resort to dental implant surgery abroad due to the popularity that this procedure has gained in European countries, so we will learn about the cost of dental implants abroad.
Understanding Dental Implants
Before we learn about the cost of dental implants abroad, what are dental implants? A dental implant is a surgical component that interacts with the jawbone to support dental prosthetics such as a crown, bridge, denture, or facial prosthesis, or to act as a fulcrum for orthodontics.
Dental implants are currently the greatest development in dentistry, as they treat tooth loss without the need to involve any of the missing teeth. It is a biological process that depends on the fusion of bone, which is done by bonding titanium to bone.
The implant is placed to fuse with the bone first, then a dental prosthesis is added. A period of time is required to ensure the implant is bonded and stabilized before the dental prosthesis (whether a crown, bridge or denture) is attached or the abutment that holds the dental prosthesis/crown is placed.
Success factors for dental implants
The success or failure of implants depends on the health of the person receiving the implants, medications taken that can affect the chances of bone healing, and the health of the tissues in the mouth. And among this factor are:
- The amount of stress that will be placed on the implant and fixation during normal function is also evaluated.
- Planning the placement and number of implants is fundamental to the long-term health of the prosthesis because the biomechanical forces created during mastication are influential.
- The position of the implants is determined by the position and angle of the adjacent teeth, or by dental molds cast in the laboratory, or by using computed tomography with CAD-CAM technology to make the abutments so that the implant is directed in the appropriate direction.
- Prerequisites for successful long-term bonding of dental implants are the health of the jawbone and gums.
Because both can atrophy after tooth extraction, procedures such as sinus lift or gum grafting are sometimes required to restore optimal bone and gum thickness before crowns, bridges, or dentures can be placed.
The Appeal of Dental Implants Abroad
The installation of the cost of dental implants abroad allows to earn profits for clients who depend on:
- Getting dental implants is cheaper. It mainly concerns people living in the USA, UK and Canada, where dental prices are high and are not covered by health insurance.
- Fast dental assistance, no queues. You can schedule a dental implant procedure at any convenient time.
- Smile improvement while on vacation – You can place dental implants while visiting tourist cities such as Istanbul (Turkey) or Phuket (Thailand), for example.
Note: the cost of dental implants abroad allows patients to save money, receive quality and prompt medical assistance, and visit a new country during treatment.
Keep reading to choose the best place for dental implants and make the most profit.
Factors Influencing cost of dental implants abroad
A number of factors contribute to the cost of dental implants abroad, including:
1-Number of implants
You must take into account that the cost of installing one tooth is different from installing. Some need a single tooth implant and some need an entire jaw implant.
2-Location of the missing tooth
The ease and complexity of implants vary between the angle of the front and back teeth, which affects the cost of dental implants abroad.
3-Jaw bone density
One of the conditions for dental implant surgery is that the jaw must contain enough bone to support the implant.
You may need more preparation if your jaw bone is very weak, or not enough to support dental implants; Which of course affects the total cost of dental implants abroad.
4-The experience and reputation of the attending physician
The more trained and experienced the doctor, the higher the cost.
5-Type of dental implant
The cost of dental implants abroad varies according to the type of dental implant. Some operations are in one stage, as in immediate dental implants, which are the cheapest, while others are in two stages, as in traditional implants.
The implant must be made with materials that are biologically compatible with the body to avoid an allergic reaction. Titanium implants are often the best in dental implants.
7-Dental Implant Center website
The cost of dental implants abroad varies between cities and countries; The cost is affected by factors such as the price of living, the value of the currency, and the cost of labor.
The cost of oral examinations and CT scans contributes to the increase in the cost of dental implants, and other factors such as general oral health and the type of anesthesia used also contribute to the total cost of dental implants abroad.
Popular Destinations for Dental Implants
When considering the cost of dental implants abroad, you should determine which destination is best for you. To be careful, you must take into account the following factors:
- Dental implant prices. If your main goal is to save the maximum of your budget, choose countries that offer the lowest prices for dental implants. Türkiye, Mexico and Czech Republic may be the best options.
- How much will you pay for airline tickets? When you choose a country for dental procedures, also add the expense saved for airline tickets. You must decide what is more profitable for you to install dental implants with all the travel costs – at home or abroad.
- How long does it take to get to another country? Choose those countries that are within easy reach of your place of residence. Short trips are usually cheaper.
- As a result, for patients living in the USA or Canada, the best places for dental implants are Mexico, Thailand, and Turkey. Clients from the UK should consider clinics in Poland, the Czech Republic and Ukraine.
Quality Assurance and Accreditation
And speaking of the cost of dental implants abroad, the quality of the service and the process should also not be overlooked in order to avoid any complications, and it is worth noting that these implants are considered the best in the field of dental implants:
1-Straumann Swiss implants
Stroman Company and Noble Company are considered the first and oldest companies in the field of manufacturing and designing dental implants, as their history extends to more than 40 years of development, research, and successful implants.
Stroman is considered the first company in the world in terms of sales, number of implants used, and success rates, and is also the first company in terms of the number of research and results.
2-Swiss Nobel Biocare crops
This company was founded in 1981 and is the oldest and most prestigious company with Stroman Corporation.
Noble offers many different designs to suit every scenario a treating surgeon may encounter.
It is also distinguished by its superiority in the field of manufacturing surgical guides and implantation using digital technology.
The company’s scientists and doctors provide the necessary technical support to doctors quickly, easily and free of charge.
3-German Dentsply Sirona implants
Dentsply Company is one of the oldest and most prestigious American companies in the manufacture and development of dental materials and supplies.
As well as Sirona Company, which is one of the oldest and most prestigious German companies in the field of manufacturing dental equipment and materials, as it is distinguished by the superior quality of its products.
4-American zimmer biomet implants
Zimmer Biomet is one of the oldest companies in the field of manufacturing prosthetics and medical devices. The history of this company extends to nearly 100 years, and it has a history in manufacturing dental implants that extends to more than 20 years.
The company is famous in the field of manufacturing artificial limbs, joints and organic grafts.
5-American Biohorizon crops
Biohorizon is distinguished by the presence of dozens of studies proving the success of these implants, and it is one of the fastest growing dental implant companies in recent times.
In some countries, this company provides a written guarantee with every implant used, but the main feature of these implants remains the Laser Lock technology.
Which is a technology used only in this company’s products and ensures the preservation of the gum position around the neck of the implant to ensure the aesthetic appearance.
Preparing for the Procedure
Before the patient searches for the cost of dental implants abroad, he should know that this cost includes various procedures, such as preparation before dental implants.
Moreover preparing for a dental implant procedure can be done through 3 elements:
1-First: a comprehensive dental
examination he takes dental X-rays and 3D images, and designs a model of the teeth and jaw. To review it before performing a dental implant.
2-Second: Review the medical history
The doctor is informed about any medical problem or any medications the patient is taking, including over-the-counter medications and supplements.
If the patient suffers from some heart disease or bone transplantation, the doctor must be informed, as he may prescribe antibiotics before dental implantation to prevent infection.
3-Third: The treatment plan
The treatment plan is designed according to the patient’s condition, taking into account factors such as the number of teeth that need to be replaced and the condition of the jawbone and remaining teeth.
Comparing Costs: Local vs. Abroad
As long as we are talking about the types of dental implants and the cost of dental implants abroad, we must emphasize that patients vary in their ages and in the health condition of their teeth.
Dental implants can be implanted for different patients by the same doctor, but at a different cost, as the cost of dental implants abroad vary according to the following:
- Diagnosing the patient and evaluating the condition of his teeth.
- The number of sessions that a patient needs to complete dental implant procedures affects the final dental implant costs.
- The competence of the dentist and the extent of his experience in his specialty.
- dental center level.
- Also, the price of dental implants may vary if there is insurance company coverage.
Note: All the factors that we mentioned directly affect the cost of dental implants abroad. However, if you are looking for the best dental implant offers in Turkey and the cheapest prices for dental implants.
All you have to do is contact the Mavidenta Implant and Dental Center via the text message service and you will be provided with a complete list. All types of dental implants and their prices at the center.
Saving Opportunities and Packages
The cost of dental implants abroad varies according to some factors, such as the patient’s condition. In addition, the price also changes from one country to another and from one center to another. If you want to get the best price for dental implants in Turkey, you can contact the Mavidenta Center.
It is worth noting that you should monitor the various countries that perform dental implants. Sometimes countries offer travel facilities and offers for those wishing to perform dental implants, so do not miss such opportunities.
Risks and Challenges
Despite the many advantages we mentioned regarding the cost of dental implants abroad, there may be some risk and anxiety, especially regarding choosing the best medical center to perform the procedure.
As with every surgical procedure, there are risks that may arise with dental implant surgery. The implant may result in bleeding or damage to the surrounding bone or nerves. Injury to the lower jaw area in particular can result in numbness of the lips, teeth, or oral mucosa.
Bone damage, such as a fracture in the jaw cavity, can increase the possibility of inflammation, not only in the bone and marrow in the jaw cavity, but also in the brain, which may lead to meningitis. To avoid these complications, this operation must be performed by an experienced oral surgeon.
It is necessary, in the period between the time the operation is performed and the time the dental implant is completely implanted, for the patient to undergo periodic monitoring.
Here the dental surgeon examines the condition of dental implants and overall oral health and at the same time answers questions regarding the hygiene of dental implants. One of the most important reasons for the loss of dental implants is lack of adequate care for oral hygiene and the resulting infections.
Patient Experiences and Testimonials
One of the most important things to do when searching for the cost of dental implants abroad and dental implant clinic is to request details regarding their education, training, and experience regarding dental implant procedures.
Any skilled dentist, capable of doing high-quality work will be willing to disclose information about dental implant procedures:
- So beware of dentists who say they have completed a short course in this field.
- Short courses are rarely enough to obtain the basic competency and skills to perform dental implants.
- Check the information the clinic or dentist gives you carefully, and if something doesn’t put your mind at ease, find a new dentist.
Finding the Right Clinic
Do not get busy searching for the best cost of dental implants abroad and forget to search for the best dental clinic to perform dental implant surgery.
Dentists and clinics usually keep before and after photos of results from their previous cases, and they should be more than happy to share with you.
Most have a portfolio or portfolio, and the best dentists take high-quality photos, as this lets potential patients know that their dentists are serious.
Dentists are also happy to show you their reviews and speak with previously satisfied clients. Don’t forget to check online reviews as well (if they have any) to get a general idea of the clinic and how well they work.
There may be other factors that we did not mention in detail as well that play a role in helping you choose the best doctor or dental clinic
Of which :
- Ensure the cleanliness and sterilization of the instruments used in surgery as well as the operating room.
- If you are going to perform the operation using anesthesia, you must ensure the competence of the anesthesiologist, the competence of the hospital, and the post-recovery care.
- Ask about the duration of the operation, its total cost, and the period during which you will need to follow up with the doctor after the operation. This may affect when choosing the country and location, depending on your financial capabilities to reside in the place.
- Some doctors give a guarantee for several years after implantation, and this guarantee may reach more than twenty years to guarantee you the safety of the implanted teeth and that their color or smell will not change, so try to find out if the guarantee is available.
- If you are looking for a doctor for dental implants and other medical and cosmetic dental treatments in Istanbul – Turkey, do not hesitate to contact Mavidenta.
Booking the Trip
We now move to the last stage of the cost of dental implants abroad, which is travel. After you determine your destination and contact the center to book a medical appointment, we now move to a completely different stage, which is booking the flight ticket. It is worth noting that travel is also included in the cost of dental implants abroad.
It is worth noting that the dental implant process takes a period of months, so the duration of your stay may vary in the country you have chosen, and it is not possible to restrict a specific time except after visiting your doctor, so review the cost of dental implants abroad well.
Post-Procedure Care and Follow-Up
In addition to the cost of dental implants abroad. The matter does not end only with the completion of the dental implant operation, but the patient needs a period of benefit and care that extends for several months, as the doctor prescribes a health regimen for the patient.
The prosthetic stage requires a measure of technical expertise due to biomechanical and occlusal considerations, particularly when a large number of teeth are to be replaced. Your dentist will do his best to restore your smile, so don’t be discouraged.
In conclusion, tooth loss is not just a cosmetic problem; Gaps affect the rest of the teeth in the mouth and reduce the bone density of the jaw. They also make the owner lose self-confidence. Yes. The cost of dental implants abroad may be very high, but considering the results, it is truly worth it to get a beautiful smile, self-confidence, and teeth that will last you a lifetime!
What is the cheapest country to get implants?
Turkey is considered one of the best and cheapest countries that provides dental implants with competitive quality, as it has a large number of doctors with great experience in dental implants.
How much does it cost for teeth implants in Turkey?
It is worth noting that the cost of a one-year implant varies from one patient to another, according to the condition of the bones. Sometimes the patient needs a jaw implant before a dental implant.
Why do people go to Turkey for dental implants?
Millions of patients flock to Turkey to undergo dental implant surgery, and the reason for this is because Turkey has an elite group of the best dentists in the world.