Is it safe to have dental implants in turkey ? If so, there are some things you should know about the downsides of this process. Dental implants are a surgical procedure in which a metal post is implanted in the jawbone, and an artificial tooth is then attached to it.
Dental implants are one of the most effective ways to replace missing teeth, but they may have some drawbacks.
In this article, we will discuss the main disadvantages of dental implants in detail, and Is it safe to have dental implants in turkey ?
Potential Risks and Things You should Look out for
Is it safe to have dental implants in turkey ? Dental implants are safe; The probability of failure of the procedure does not exceed 5%, but it may include some complications and risks:
This may occur when an upper molar implant is performed as a result of the lack of sufficient thickness of the jaw bones or as a result of erosion of the bone covering the nasal sinus. Sinus puncture results in some complications, such as chronic sinusitis, constant pain, and failure of dental implants.
To avoid this mistake, the implantologist performs a CT scan of the part where the implantation process will take place, and the thickness of the bone is studied in the place where the implant is placed. Sometimes a sinus lift or bone transplant can be performed before the implantation procedure is performed.
2-Bleeding during dental implants
Bleeding can occur during the dental implant procedure due to increased blood fluidity in the patient, and therefore the implant doctor
Dental The patient is required to perform some tests before the implantation procedure to ensure blood clotting factors and the patient’s ability to tolerate the surgery.
The cardiologist or internist is also contacted regarding stopping or reducing the dose of some medications that cause blood thinning, such as warfarin, temporarily until the implantation process is completed. Bleeding after dental implant surgery may occur due to:
- The wound was not sutured tightly, making it difficult to stop the blood.
- Cutting the gums while suturing the wound.
- Excessive load on the implant on the same day of the operation may cause bleeding to continue for several hours.
- Injury to some blood vessels during the implantation process results in severe bleeding after the operation and requires immediate intervention.
3-Injury to the main jaw nerve during dental implants
Which leads to a feeling of numbness or loss of sensation in the lower jaw and lower lip, along with some tingling, discomfort, or pain. These symptoms that accompany nerve injury are mostly 90% temporary symptoms that disappear within a few months with the prescription of some medications and vitamins.
However, the injury may be more serious and require surgical intervention if the symptoms persist for more than 4 months without improvement. The most common causes of jaw nerve injury are: The dental implant process is:
- Nerve injury during administration of an anesthesia needle.
- Raising the gums and revealing the jaw bones in a special way
- Injury to the jaw nerve while drilling into the bone to place the implant.
- Place the implant screw close to the jaw nerve without a safe distance of at least 2 mm.
- Swelling at the implant site and inflammation associated with surgery may lead to some change in sensation due to pressure on the nerve, and the symptoms disappear as the inflammation disappears.
4-Feeling pain after dental implants
Is it safe to have dental implants in turkey? Although dental implants are not a difficult procedure, they are still primarily surgical, which means that some pain after dental implants is expected, which is why the doctor prescribes some painkillers for several days after extraction.
For most people, the pain disappears gradually over the course of a week after the transplant, but if the pain continues for more than two weeks after the operation or increases, visit a doctor immediately to find out the cause, which is often the result of an infection in the transplant site.
5-Dental implant abscess
Which appears as swelling and swelling around the implant and in the gums and can the pus comes out, and the causes of dental implant abscesses are:
- Smoking leads to gum infections and infections around the horse.
- Lack of interest in brushing teeth and dental floss.
- The presence of gingivitis or gingival pockets increases the possibility of an abscess appearing after dental implants.
- Some diseases that affect immunity, such as uncontrolled diabetes, can increase the possibility of infection.
6-Bad smell after dental implants
Bad breath can occur after a transplant
Teeth due to several reasons such as:
- Inflammation of the gums around the cowl as a result of poor manufacturing of the cowl or its unsuitability for the implant.
- Gum pockets around the horse as a result of neglecting to clean the mouth with brush and toothpaste.
- A bacterial infection or abscess may result in a foul odor.
Know more about : dental implants full mouth cost
Always ask for a certificate on Dental Implants
Is it safe to have dental implants in turkey ? Dental implant procedures in Turkey are considered safe when performed by skilled specialists in reputable clinics. Research and choose a dentist with a good reputation, certification, and up-to-date equipment to ensure safety during implant placement.
- Research Clinics: Look for reputable clinics with good reviews.
- Experience is important: Choose a clinic specializing in dental implants with experienced specialists.
- Compare prices: Choose clinics with clear and cheap costs; At Mavidenta, implants cost €350 with a lifetime guarantee.
- Modern Facilities: Ensure that the clinic has advanced technology and modern facilities.
- Verifying Credentials: Verifying the clinic’s certifications and adherence to industry standards.
- Consultation is key: Schedule a consultation to discuss your needs and clarify any doubts.
- Material Quality: Inquire about the materials used for planting, with an emphasis on high-quality options.
- Warranty and Aftercare: Check if the clinic offers a guarantee and inquire about post-operative care.
- Location is important: Consider the clinic’s location and accessibility for convenience.
Inquire the clinic about their certificates
Speaking about Is it safe to have dental implants in turkey ? There are certainly a number of excellent clinics in Türkiye for dental implants. But we can also talk about our clinic and attest to all the standards it meets. If you are interested in seeking treatment at another clinic, you can always apply the same requirements that we will mention below.
We are accredited by Sloan Dentistry International, an organization that works to maintain the high quality of dental care around the world.
We have a team of the best dentists with the highest qualifications not only in Turkey but in Europe. Our team’s expertise reflects all of the successful smile transformations that we proudly document on our YouTube channel.
Our clinic hosts the latest technologies in a state-of-the-art facility, ensuring that our patients receive the best treatments in a short period of time.
We offer luxurious packages of services to our international patients because we believe that a successful smile transformation begins with peace of mind.
read more: What are the 3 types of dental implants?
Why is getting dental implants in Turkey so popular?
When it comes to Is it safe to have dental implants in turkey ? Turkey is located on the Asian and European continents, so it has historically remained an eastern gateway to Europe. Turkey has actively tried to join the European Union since its inception, and is still trying until the present time, but without as much enthusiasm as before.
Turkey’s gross domestic product is about 1.6 trillion dollars, which places it in 17th place. Globally, it is a member of the G20, which includes the world’s largest economies. Turkey’s fame as a regional center for plastic surgery began with the beginning of the economic recovery at the beginning of the current millennium.
And it was officially given the status of a candidate country to join the European Union in 1999. Middle Eastern clients constitute a large percentage of Turkish cosmetic center cases due to ease of travel, cultural rapprochement, in addition to the presence of qualified surgeons there. naturally.
Those who suffer from the loss of one or a number of teeth face many problems. If the missing teeth are in the front, they hinder the process of cutting food, but if they are on one of the sides, they hinder the chewing process.
The problems of tooth loss are not limited to cutting and chewing. If the loss is in the front teeth, the individual often loses the ability to smile, laugh, or speak confidently in front of others, in addition to the ridicule that many are exposed to because of the loss of teeth.
Most dental implant centers in Turkey are located in the city of Istanbul (the economic and financial capital of Turkey). There are also a smaller number of centers in cities such as Izmir, Antalya, Alanya, and Marmaris.
Because dental implants are a separate specialty from other cosmetic surgeries, the majority of these centers specialize in implantology, orthodontics, and treatment. Teeth only, no other cosmetic surgeries.
Know more about : why are dental implants so cheap in Turkey
is dental implants painful
If the dentist is well experienced, you will not feel any pain or discomfort during the procedure performed by the doctor due to his experience. In the dental implant procedure in general, the doctor places a local anesthetic in the surgical site, so you will not feel any pain. This depends on the doctor as well. If the local anesthetic lasts two hours and The doctor performs the operation within these two hours, as this is the best.
is it worth going to turkey for dental implants
Is it safe to have dental implants in turkey ? For many patients, the experience is definitely worth it. Not only does tooth loss affect your self-image and confidence, it can also harm your oral health and function.
Unfortunately, many insurance companies consider the treatment cosmetic and therefore do not cover it.
With the high costs of treatment in the UK and USA, some very desperate patients end up visiting unaccredited clinics with disastrous results.
So for a large percentage of the world, dental implants in Turkey are the silver lining. For much less, patients can now get much more.
But does this mean that any dental implant clinic in Türkiye is safe? Of course no. We have mentioned above a set of criteria by which you can choose your dental clinic in Turkey.
- Make sure it is internationally accredited.
- Check if the employees are qualified enough.
- Check out the before and after photos and smile makeover videos they post.
- Read Google reviews about the clinic from patients who have experienced their services firsthand.
Dental implants require surgery, and some people may experience pain or swelling after surgery. Healing usually takes from a week to 10 days. During surgery, the dentist makes an incision in the gum and then implants a metal post into the bone. The patient may feel some pain or discomfort after surgery, and may experience swelling and bruising of the face.
Is it safe to have dental implants in turkey ?
Although there are some drawbacks, dental implants are an effective option for replacing missing teeth. Patients considering dental implants should discuss the disadvantages and benefits with their dentist before making a decision.